Planet Pledge 2020 is back!
Welcome to Planet Pledge 2020! It's super simple: we're asking you to pledge do one thing to help make the world a better place! Pledge now here The world's a bit of a mess at the moment so help bring some positivity.
How to pledge
1. *Choose* a pledge (choose one or as many as you like!)
2. *Confirm* Fill in this form to confirm your pledge, ensure its counted in our college totals and to get entered into our prize draw
3. *Share* your pledge! Go to our Facebook group here and share your pledge or tag us @oxfordstudents #SUPlanetPledge
- Go Vegetarian
- Go Vegan
- Use as little single use plastic as possible
- No new clothes
- Take Action: University (e.g. fill in the Sustainability Strategy Consultation)
- Take Action: College (e.g. Join Green Impact, Student Switch Off, college campaigns- see below!)
We’ve got loads going on this month to spread the word about Planet Pledge and the range of ways you can get involved to help tackle the Climate Crisis. We'll be adding more so check back regularly to see what you can get involved with!
Every student who pledges will be entered in a prize draw to win one of our eco prize bundles. Prizes include:
- Eco toothpaste/toothbrush goodies from Geoorganics
- 2 x 2 Ultimate Picture Palace tickets
- £25 Escape Hunt Escape Room Voucher
- Recycling goody bag from ODS
We’ll be adding more prizes so keep checking back here!
Many thanks to our partners who have donated prizes or supported our events- we couldn't have done it without you!
How can I take action in my college?
How have you made the campaign inclusive?
We have got a range of pledge choices plus you can also make your own, ensuring that anyone who wants to can take part in Planet Pledge in a way that they are comfortable with. This year it’s all about doing one thing and continuing the conversation around the Climate Crisis at all levels. We've also consulted with Oxford SU's Disabilities Campaign.
What happened to Veggie Pledge?
Planet Pledge is Veggie Pledge! Veggie Pledge has been rebranded into Planet Pledge to reflect the wide range of impactful changes that can be made by both individuals and institutions that can help tackle the climate crisis. The ethos of Veggie Pledge live on in Planet Pledge but we've expanded it to provide more ways to get involved.
Who runs the campaign?
This campaign is run by Ben Farmer, VP Charities and Community at Oxford SU- one of our six sabbatical officers at Oxford SU. Contact info is here.
Who are Oxford SU’s Sabbatical Officers?
We’re a team of 6 students elected annually and in post for a year from July-July. We work full-time at Oxford SU (yes, we’re paid too!) to represent students and campaign on a range of issues. You can see what we do on our website and if you think it sounds fun, look out for the annual elections in February when you can run to be a Sabbatical officer for 2021-22.