Contract Type: Permanent, Full Time
Salary: £53,348 - £61,818
Closing date: Wednesday 24th August 2022 at 10am
Thank you for your interest in becoming our next Chief Executive Officer at Oxford Students’ Union (Oxford SU).
Oxford SU exists to improve the overall experience for current and future students at the University of Oxford, and we’re looking for a new Chief Executive Officer that will continue to develop the students’ union in pursuit of this purpose.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced manager to come and lead Oxford SU’s staff team into their next chapter of development within the historic setting of Oxford University. This role will foster the student experience at a world-leading institution and will work with dedicated and intelligent student leaders to make an impact at the University. Having experienced change as an organisation, the students’ union is now in a position to build upon this developmental work and use recent changes as the foundations for their next step. Key to this progress is the collegiate system at Oxford University which provides a unique dynamic in the students’ union defining itself as the voice of students, so the right candidate will be confident and comfortable with building relationships and influencing key stakeholders.
In addition to this we are looking for a candidate who:
- Is experienced in development and delivery of strategic plans, to deliver Oxford SU’s next strategy from September 2023 onward.
- Understands students’ unions/higher education, not for profit or membership organisations.
- Has empowering leadership and management skills to maintain and improve the positive working culture of Oxford SU
As an employee of Oxford SU you will have:
- A generous 38 days annual leave (including bank holidays and closure days)
- Access to learning and development from Oxford University People and Organisational Development
- Access to University pension scheme
- A flexible working environment with a combination of working from home and the office
We feel this is an incredible opportunity to lead Oxford SU and we look forward to hearing from you.
To download the full CANDIDATE INFORMATION PACK click here.
To apply, please click here to complete our online application form. As part of the online application you will need to follow the instructions set out in the Candidate information Pack.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment for all. We therefore encourage candidates to apply irrespective of age, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, gender identity, sex, or sexual orientation.