Did you know you could win a prize just for doing your twice-weekly Covid tests via the University’s new symptom-free testing centres test centres? Oxford SU are running a prize draw for loads of vouchers from local businesses. Prizes include book vouchers from Blackwell’s
(for 1st week Trinity) and free pizza from Pizza Pilgrims
(2nd week). All you have to do is book your test and scan the QR code as you leave the test centre and fill in the quick form to be entered into the prize draw.
How it works:
Book your test at: https://www.ox.ac.uk/coronavirus/health/covid-testing/regular-testing
Complete your test as instructed by the staff onsite.
As you leave the test centre scan the QR code at the door
Fill in the short online form and you’re done – you've entered the prize draw!
At Oxford SU we wanted to help support the testing effort and encourage student to get tested with our prizes programme. We’ve handpicked local businesses we know student love and we wanted to support these businesses by promoting them to the student community.
What are the prizes up for grabs?
Week 1: 20 x £25 from Blackwells
Week 2: Vouchers for free pizza from Pizza Pilgrims
Week 3: Vouchers from Missing Bean
Week 4: Vouchers for Lunch or Brunch at Skogen Kitchen
Check back here regularly as we release the prizes for the weeks ahead.
Why is symptom-free testing important and how does it all work?
If you’re a student living in Oxford, are strongly encouraged to?get tested for COVID-19 twice a week, every week in Trinity term
You should go to one of the University’s symptom-free (LFD) testing centres to get tested. These are located in easy-to-access sites around Oxford (further details below), and they follow strict safety measures.
Testing is free and convenient, and there will be staff on hand to assist you.
Regular symptom-free (Lateral Flow Device) testing can detect whether you have COVID-19 before you develop symptoms. It is an important tool in helping to stop the spread of COVID-19, and will help to protect the community.
Oxford SU’s Student Data Policy
Terms and conditions:
Covid Testing Incentives Terms and Conditions:
1. The Promoter - OSSL Ltd. 4 Worcester Street, Oxford, OX1 2BX, 01865 288456
2. The Supplier - Please see each individual promotion for details of the prize supplier.
3. Eligibility: This competition is open to all students currently registered at the University of Oxford, aged 18 years and over.
4. Only one entry per person per prize promotion (once weekly) unless otherwise stated in the individual promotion. All additional entries will be disqualified.
5. Winner Selection: Prize draw winner (s) will be randomly selected by a computerised random generator from all entries.
6. Winner Notification: The winners will be notified by email via the account provided at point of entry within 14 days of the closing date and will have 14 days from notification to claim their prize. If a winner does not claim their prize within this timeframe the promoter reserves the right to withdraw prize entitlement and will award the prize to a reserve drawn at the same time as the original.
7. It is the responsibility of the entrant to provide correct, up-to-date details when entering the prize promotion and acceptance of the prize. The Promoter cannot be held responsible for winners failing to supply accurate information which affects prize acceptance or delivery of their prize.
8. Prizes must be accepted as offered by the named winner. There is no cash or alternative prizes, in whole or part. The prizes are not transferable and cannot be resold.
9. The Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to eliminate or disqualify any entries or entrants that it regards as being in breach of these terms and conditions or the spirit of the Promotion. Those who try to circumvent the entry process and/or entry instructions by any method, will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
10. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for system errors or other issues that may result in disruption to, lost, delayed or not received entries, winner notifications or prizes. The Promoter, the Supplier or its agencies will not be responsible for the non-inclusion of entries as a result of technical failures or otherwise, including any such failure which is within the control of The Promoter or its agencies.
11. Where a prize is provided by a Supplier, the Promoter accepts no responsibility for inaccuracy of any prize description, and The Supplier is responsible for prize fulfilment.
12. The Promotion and these terms and conditions, and any disputes arising therefrom, shall be subject to English law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh Courts
13. By completing this form, you agree to allow promoter to verify with the University of Oxford that you have completed two Lateral Flow Device COVID-19 tests at the University of Oxford’s assisted testing centre in any given week, as required to enter the competition. This information shall not be shared.
14. Prize winners will be selected each Friday by 12pm, using a random name selector. If you enter after this time, your name will be submitted for the competition running the following week. The final chance to enter the competition will be 18-06-21 at 12pm, and submissions received following this time will not be considered.
To enter, please fill out your details on the online form. We will be in contact if you are selected as a winner.