37.5-hours per week to be worked flexibly (annualised at 1950 hours across the year), including occasional work on evenings and weekends
Students’ Union Grade C: £24,029 - £27,511
Finance & Organisational Effectiveness
Finance & Organisational Effectiveness
With exceptional attention to detail and an enthusiastic approach, you will ensure Oxford SU efficiently processes the sales ledger, purchase ledger and produces the bank reconciliation in a timely manner using SAGE.
You will be part of the month end process, assisting the Head of Finance with reporting and also be involved with payroll and Vat returns. This job will allow for career progression as the Job evolves, with plans to take on additional tasks from the Universities Finance Division. To support this there will also be the opportunity to have a study package alongside working 37.5 hours per week, flexibly.
The key accountabilities of the post holder will be:
- Process all sales invoices for 3 separate legal entities, in a timely and efficient manner
- Process all purchase ledger invoices for 3 separate legal entities, in a timely and efficient manner
- Process the weekly expense runs & payment runs
- Process daily bank transactions in sage
- Bank account management
- Weekly cash flow reporting
- Ensure month end processes are done within set deadlines
- Update weekly bank reconciliations and be able to correct any discrepancies
- ?Assist the Head of Finance at Month end, including and not limited to Journals
- Ensure the accurate and timely delivery of the sales ledger with a good understanding of the process, including credit control
- Ensure the accurate and timely delivery of the purchase ledger, including the coding of purchase invoices with the ability to confidently speak to management to enable invoices to be coded correctly.
- When coding invoices (sales or purchase) understand Input and Output Vat to enable the VAT return
- process to run as smoothly as possible.
- Process payment and expense runs with a great degree of accuracy (attention to detail is imperative)
- Update and maintain ledgers, daily, weekly, monthly and be able to confidently speak to management regarding their ledgers
- Weekly Bank Reconciliations and an additional month end reconciliation to be done within the set deadlines with a high degree of accuracy.
- Monthly Payroll postings
- Check bank balances daily to ensure we stay within limits and act appropriately when needed
- Update the weekly cash flow report and explain any movements to the Head of Finance
- Drive process improvement whilst maintaining integrity of information delivered
- Lead on the Students’ Union’s approach to effective collection, management and use of data, in line with GDPR.
- AAT level 3 or QBE
- Evidence of ongoing CPD
- Educated to degree level standard or equivalent qualifications
- Sales and Purchase Ledger
- Credit control
- Bank reconciliations
- Raising sales invoices
- Raising credit notes
- Payment runs
- Expense runs
- Use or have used Sage
- Management Accounts
- Cash flow
Knowledge & Expertise
- Good understanding of sales ledger, purchase ledger and bank reconciliations
- Solid user of Sage
- Strong attention to detail and able to produce work with a high level of accuracy
- Good time management skills
- Good knowledge of Higher Education, Students’ Unions and/or the Voluntary Sector.
- An understanding of the principles of VAT and Charity VAT.
Values & Behaviours
- A demonstrable commitment to our organisation’s values.
- Strong commitment to, and understanding of the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Comfortable working in a democratic, student-led environment with the ability to empower and build constructive relationships with elected leaders.
5pm | 26/03/2021
Assistant Accountant Recruitment Pack
Assistant Accountant Job Description
Equality Monitoring Form