Vice-President Liberation and Equality
Who is Kennedy:
Hello Oxford Students, my is Kennedy Aliu and I am reading for a MSc in Refugee and Forced Migration at Green Templeton College. I am a Canadian-Nigerian student passionate about student organizations and collective power, intricacies of human rights, law, social change and their relationship to people and land. As I reckon on the refugee condition, and what it means to reimagine collective liberation across various intersections and marginalities, the themes compel me to ask questions and build a collective critical praxis rooted In hope and action. In the role of Vice-President Liberation and Equality, It is my goal to Empower students towards building an inclusive community; Engage in efforts that promote greater equity and Educate the Oxford community on issues of justice and solidarity toward collective liberation.
- Social Representative for the MSc Refugee and Forced Migration 2022/2023 cohorts.
- Welfare Officer at Black Student Society Green Templeton College.
- Co-President of Carleton University, Undergraduate Institute of African Studies, Ottawa Canada.
- Student leader Research Outreach at the Canadian Federation of Students.
- President of the Nigerian Student Association, Ottawa Canada.
- Community Organizer and Campaign lead on Prisoners Mental Health and Housing Displacement, Toronto, Ottawa Canada.
- Racial, Gender, Ecological equity
Racial and Gender:
- Survivor-centric and intersectional approaches to Sexual and Gendered violence on campus.
- Require student organization to put in place peer-to peer sexual violence and support training
- Amplifying the research of women and queer persons on Sexual and Gendered based violence.
- Raise awareness for violence against 2SLGBTQ+ Students on Oxford campus.
- Strengthening anti-discrimination campaigns pertaining to Racial discrimination, Antisemitism, Islamophobia, Transphobia, homophobia and biphobia.
- Ecological Equity
- Work with JCR and MCR on strengthening, improving and committing to the University Environmental Sustainability Strategy.
- Advocate for an intersectional approach to environmental sustainability.
- Refugees Sanctuary and Protections
- Lobby the school and campus colleges to put in place safety measures for students with lived experiences of displacement.
- Work with the Oxford Refugee Led Research Hub in highlighting and mobilizing refugee stories.
- Equitable access to work, Academic and Internship and scholarship opportunities for students
- More scholarships for international students from regions of the world with history of marginalization and colonial plunder.
- Access to educational resources and job opportunities for low-income and BAME students.