College: Oriel College
Course: BA History
Year of Study: Recent Graduate
Hi! I’m Ellie, this year’s VP for Women. I’ve just finished my BA in History at Oriel College. During my time as a student, I was my JCR’s women’s officer, a vice-captain of Oriel College Boat Club and I recently directed Oriel’s garden play, A Midsummer Night’s Dream. I was very college-oriented, but I ran for the SU to try and make change across the university, rather than just in Oriel.
My aims this year centre around celebrating and protecting women at this university. I’m wanting to put on a women and non-binary only club night each term, continue promoting night safety, and organise events around International Women’s Day. I’m also looking at college-level provisions of sanitary products, condoms and anti-spiking devices. On a policy level, I’m reviewing the content of the consent workshops, sexual harassment procedures and codes of conduct for student-run sports clubs.
Beyond what I have planned, however, you can talk to me about:
- Feminist issues
- Women’s health
- Sexual health
- Night safety
- Consent & Sexual Violence
- Anything Oxford/SU related!
I can represent the student voice on university and college committees. I’m here to listen to you and work with you to make Oxford a better place to live and study. Get in touch at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Equality and Diversity Panel (University)
- Equality and Diversity Forum (Colleges)
- Sexual Violence Subgroup (Colleges)
- Welfare Forum (Colleges)
- Student Wellbeing Subcommittee (University)
- Childcare Steering Group (University)
- Sports Strategic Subcommittee (University)
- Joint Student Mental Health Committee (Joint)